Monday, February 26, 2007

Pie had fever, Mummy not around to take care

Pie had fever on Saturday. It all started with her having her usual milk intake. After I gave her the milk, I was expressing milk at one corner. As she couldn't finish her milk, I didn't force her; instead put the bottle away, meaning to wash it later on. Then I was back to expressing milk, letting her lie down for a while (laze away). Then I heard coughing, I thought nothing of it. Pie called out to me, and I went to see her. Then only did I saw that she actually vomitted some milk out. Then she vomitted a bit again, and I quickly called out to hubby. Hubby brought out a basin, meant to contain her milk, but haven't even reached her, she vomitted the entire bulk... leaving a big mess on the bedsheet, her clothes, my pants and a small area on her blanket. Then she started crying loudly and I tried to console her (but couldn't), and she almost woke Pea up. Hubby quickly brought her to the washroom for a quick wash, while I tried my best to wash the vomit away. Can't even stand the smell, I quickly remove the bedsheet and the mattress protector (but there were stain on the mattress too).

After being washed up, Pie felt better, and immediately went out to the garden. I couldn't even get her to sit down and rest (looks like after her vomitting, she felt very good). Since she was quite active again, hubby brought her and the rest of the family out for 'Pai Lin' (visit relatives), leaving me behind, as I had to attend to my customer's problem later on.

I went out to my customer's place, thinking that I should be back by mid afternoon (at most). But then, I was only back around 9 pm, and that also had yet to have dinner.

When I came back, Pie was watching tv, but wasn't feeling too well. She already had fever on and off the entire day. Hubby sponged her, and the fever went down, but after she slept, it went up again. Gave her fever medicine twice, but hubby wasn't happy that the ear thermometer was around for him to use, as it was at Mum's place (I'm sorry dear hubby). I was supposed to pick it up on my way home from work, but I left my customer's place late, thus didn't manage to.

Gave Pie her milk, and she immediately dozed off. I then had my dinner, and went to sleep a while later. Pea woke up for her milk around 2 in the morning. After feeding Pea, checked on Pie, and found that her body was quite warm. Woke hubby up, and he sponged her body (to cool down her body temperature). Checked her temperature and it was at 38.6 celcius. Immediately gave her fever medicine, and sponged her some more. Next check was at 38.3 celcius, more sponging. Next check was down to 36.4 celcius... her fever broke and she requested for milk. Gave her half dosage, and after a while, she went to sleep (not even allowing me to express my milk).

Luckily the next day she felt much better. Hubby thought that she still had fever, so took her to see the doctor. At the clinic, told the doctor the sequence of events, but after checking her, she doesn't have fever anymore, neither does she have any other sickness (no sore throat either). Doctor said there's nothing wrong with her anymore and she's so active, maybe it was just at that time that her fever come and go. Therefore, he only prescribed fever medicine for her (I think if he can don't prescribe anything or if I didn't keep babbling on about her having fever and what could caused it, he might have just said that no medication needed).

Now she's back at my Mum's place, and I bet she's active and talkative as ever again...

No comments: